Tuesday 8 October 2013

Planning for the Future

I have been in the RAF for over 13 years so far, and although I've had fun it's time for a change.
I've been an aircraft tech for a long time, and I'm good at what I do, but I've never felt passionately about it. However, throught the years my thoughts have always come back to one job that I would love to do. I know many of you will laugh because the odds of being successful are minimal (especially with the recent govenment cutbacks), but I'm still going to do it.

I'm going to be a Crime Scene Investigator.

Quite a leap I know, but it's something I've been passionate about for many many years, and I've decided to do what I want to do, rather than do what is the 'easy and logical' choice (which would be I.T).

I know that it's nothing like you see in tv (especially here in the UK), the hours are long, the pay isn't exactly rock star wages, and you can experience some pretty nasty things, but to have the potential to really help someone is something that I have to persue. Finding the evidence that helps to put away a criminal, or free an innocent, or simply giving a grieving family closure, that's what I want to be a part of.

I've signed up for an Open University Course (S104 for those in the know), so that'll get me on my way with qualifications, and I've got myself a pretty decent camera so I can practice taking photographs rather than the usual snapshots I've done in the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment